Acadia Elopement Photographer
Your Acadia National Park Elopement Photographer Duo
1. Obtaining a Marriage License:
Obtaining a Marriage License: Have you made yourself familiar with how to get a marriage license in Maine? We recommend visiting Maine.gov for all the deets on getting your license, especially if you’re out of state
2. Acadia National Park Elopement Rules:
Are you having guests join you for your elopement? Acadia National Park requires you to apply for a permit if you’re having a ceremony with up to 10 people. See permit and additional restrictions here.
3. Finding an Officiant:
Most of our couples book their officiant as soon as they’ve secured us as their photographers. We’ve worked with many officiants in Acadia and would be happy to provide you with recommendations. See below for some of our favorite vendors.
4. Places to Stay in Acadia:
Couples planning an elopement just the two of them will often prefer to stay at an Airbnb. Couples that are joined by guests, will often prefer to stay at a Hotel since they can all be together in one place. We list our favorite places to stay in Our Favorite Places to stay in Acadia section below.
5. Best time to elope in Acadia:
Our Acadia elopement season begins in mid-May and ends mid-to-late October. The best time to elope in Acadia is late spring to early fall. If you’re worried about crowds, worry not. Acadia is huge and we always find spots for a private ceremony. Just make sure you book your vendors and accommodations way in advance.
Featured Acadia Elopement
"They went above and beyond for us"
If you are lucky enough to book this amazing couple, DO IT. There are not enough positive words to describe my husband and I's experience with the Justs. Not only are they amazing artists that produce incredible work, but they are kind humans that are generally a joy to be around. You can tell they are so passionate about what they do, my husband and I really enjoyed watching their creative process and of course seeing the outcome! They went above and beyond for us, stepping outside of the role of photographer many times to help our elopement go smoothly and for that we are forever grateful. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you Mariana & Will!
- Amanda & Ryan
- Acadia Elopements bring us to Bar Harbor every season and we love it!
- We are based in New England, which allows us to offer Acadia Elopement Packages free of any travel fees.
- We’ve been documenting elopements in Acadia since 2018, which means we have lots of experience and can provide lots of recommendations.
- All of the photos you see are real couples and real Acadia National Park elopements. No styled shoots or fake pretend elopements.
- If you’d like to keep it simple and logistics to a minimum, we have partial 4-6 hour coverage packages, enough to cover getting ready, ceremony and a fun little adventure with lots of time for portraits.
- You can count on us to provide vendor recommendations and expert help on all things Acadia.
- We’ll help you craft your timeline, provide getting ready help and we’ll even be your witnesses!
- Our Acadia elopement season begins in Mid-May and ends in Mid-October. Bar Harbor goes into hibernation for much of November-March and so do we! 🙂
- Our Acadia elopement packages begin at $2850 and start at 4 hour coverage minimum.